In article <3591db4c50....@nails.ukonline.co.uk>,
   Jim Nagel <nets...@abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

> is there any way of automatically providing my username and password
> when i go to a certain website i need to use frequently?

> i have got as far as saving a URL file so that at least i don't have
> to type that part every time.  perhaps there's a standard way (which i
> should know but don't) of including the username and password in the
> URL file?

You need to look at the HTML source of the log-in page and see what the
names of the variables used are.

Then you can often add something like:

        ?name=Jim&pass=nagelpass

to the URL.

There is sometimes a hidden variable required as well, so add that with
another ampersand.

But, obviously, I've just made these variable names up. You need to dissect
the form on the page.

I do this a lot!

John

--
||       John Williams         ||     Brittany, Northern France
       Who is John Williams? http://petit.four.free.fr/picindex/author/
 E-mail replies only accepted from RISC OS machines or RISC in subject line
Somewhere nice to stay in Brittany? http://petit.four.free.fr/visitors/locate