On 16 Apr 2009  Rob Kendrick <r...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> On Thu, 16 Apr 2009 12:00:16 +0100
> Jim Nagel <nets...@abbeypress.co.uk> wrote:

>> is there any way of automatically providing my username and password
>> when i go to a certain website i need to use frequently?

> It depends.  If the site is using basic auth (ie, the browser pops up a
> dialogue box asking you for a username and password) you can often pass
> this information in the URL;

>         http://username:passw...@www.foo.bar.com/

> If the user name and password is collected via a form on the web page,
> and the site doesn't have a "remember me" tick box, you'll need to use
> a browser that can automatically fill in forms and remember passwords
> for you.

> There was a hack floating about to automatically fill in forms for
> browsers under RISC OS, but I don't recall its name.

Not a hack, but Kevin Wells's FFiler (the links given in the Help file
and on the software database seem to be dead, and Google hasn't been
my friend) will keep data and transfer it into NetSurf's icons.
However, maybe you don't want to keep passwords in it ...

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter, \  /      zfc Tm       \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
Anne    \/ __            __    \                              England.