In article <564212a451.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
   Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:
> On 11 Feb 2011 Michael Drake  wrote:

> > In article <66463fa051.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>,
> >    Richard Porter <r...@minijem.plus.com> wrote:

> >> Test 1 - following a link to near the bottom of a thumbnail index.

> >> NetSurf r11515  28s

> >> Test 2 - following a link to the latest forum post from the "top 10"
> >> latest posts page.

> >> NetSurf         17s

> > Out of interest, what speed do you get if you set "incremental_reflow"
> > to "0" in the Choices file?  If your test pages have changed, please
> > test again with the original settings first.

> Wow! 8s and 6s respectively - infinitely better on all counts!

Right, can you save the addresses of the two tests as ANT URL.

Restart NetSurf, open a browser window and resize it vertically so only
the toolbar is showing.

Then drag your ANT URLs onto the URL bar and tell me the time recorded in
the statusbar for each.  Keep the pointer over the URL bar while it loads
and have incremental rendering on.

--

Michael Drake (tlsa)                  http://www.netsurf-browser.org/