On 22 Sep, Richard Porter wrote in message
    <4a10d84a54.r...@user.minijem.plus.com>:

> On 21 Sep 2014 Steve Fryatt  wrote:
>
> > No, Ctrl-Shift-C and Ctrl-Shift-V just copy and paste on the Global
> > Clipboard.
>
> So in what way is that different fron Ctrl-C and Ctrl-V in Edit?

It isn't. In StrongED, Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V do the "old style" direct copy/move
that Edit used to do.

> > My guess is that StrongED does that properly. Edit, from what you say,
> > doesn't. It's broken, because it isn't supporting the Block Transfer
> > Protocol correctly.
>
> I just can't get on with StrongEd. I type Ctrl-C and it duplicates the
> block in situ or tells me no block is selected, then when I try to paste
> it into NS I get some text I had saved some time before from another
> document.

See above. You can re-map the keys so that Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V behave as Edit, but
the detail of how to do it is off-topic for this list.

> Then I try Shift-Ctrl-C and -V, and I get the selected URL twice!

In NetSurf?  Is that repeatable?  What settings do you have on in the OS for
cut and paste in writable icons?

--
Steve Fryatt - Leeds, England

http://www.stevefryatt.org.uk/