Vincent Sanders  wrote on 21 Jul:
> NetSurf 3.9 features support for CSS Media Queries (level 4) and
> improvements to JavaScript handling.
> Also included are many bug fixes and improvements.

Good work:  thanks to the whole Netsurf team.

I'd like to know more about Media Queries vis-a-vis Netsurf.  Will the
documentation (link from Netsurf welcome page) be updated soon?

As I understand it from the bottom of my learning curve, Media Queries has
to do with designing a website so that it automatically adapts according
to whether the user is viewing it on a large or small screen.

In the site I have been working on, I have treated Netsurf as the default.
Realizing that Windows users habitually view a page the full size of their
wide monitor, and thus get unreadably wide lines of text, I inserted a
workaround to constrain page to 800px (about A5 width).  This works fine
on A5 Android tablet too.

The problem of sensibly adapting the layout for a small screen on a
smartphone has so far eluded me, hence my interest in Media Queries.

--
Jim Nagel                            www.archivemag.co.uk