In message <20190722111950.z5ycvzowlxxma...@kyllikki.org>
          Vincent Sanders <vi...@netsurf-browser.org> wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 22, 2019 at 11:00:25AM +0100, Jim Nagel wrote:
> > Vincent Sanders  wrote on 21 Jul:
> > > NetSurf 3.9 features support for CSS Media Queries (level 4) and
> > > improvements to JavaScript handling. Also included are many bug fixes
> > > and improvements.
> >

> > Good work:  thanks to the whole Netsurf team.
> >
> > I'd like to know more about Media Queries vis-a-vis Netsurf.  Will the
> > documentation (link from Netsurf welcome page) be updated soon?
>
> Michael already answered but i thought i would add that the mozilla
> developer network is always a good reference to learn about generic web
> features. Specificaly
> https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/Media_Queries/Using_media_queries
> might be helpful to you.

Thanks for the pointers and the working example.

It's a pity that there still appears to be no way to discover the
screen or window's physical dimensions, so I don't know whether the
user is looking at a 5" phone or a 25" monitor - which can make a
big difference to how I'd like to render the text.  All we can find
is the number of pixels.

Not NetSurf's fault in any way, of course.

David