Date: Mon, 12 Feb 1996 00:08:9= +000
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Problems sending & retrieving mail

Hi,

When I check my mail using Net-Tamer 1.11.2XT, sometimes my computer locks
up. The screen turns black and I have to reset my computer with the reset
button. Even <Ctrl-alt-del> is disabled.
It only happens when I start Net-Tamer with <nettamer /a> or <F6-C>.
So far, it never occurred when I was already on line and checked my mail,
using <ALT-M>, after a telnet or ftp session.

Changing the baud rate had no effect. I have a 14k4 external modem (Zoom). I
tried 19200, 38800 and 57600 baud. Starting Net-Tamer with the /NOCAP option
doesn't solve the problem either. I guess it has nothing to do with the login
script (Service1.log), because just logging in without checking any mail,
goes allright.

There are no strange TSR's active on my computer (Olivetti M24, 8086), only a
clock driver and a screen saver. These TSR's never caused any trouble with
any programm.

Do I have to change my modem init string? Now I use the init string provided
in the Net-Tamer help document for the Zoom 14k/28k.

Or is maybe just my ISP causing the problem?


Jurgen Mollema



        // [EMAIL PROTECTED]  //  Groningen, the Netherlands  //





********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to