Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 17:09:01 +0800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Problems sending & retrieving mail

On 2000-02-11 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:

   >just logging in without checking any mail, goes allright.
   >There are no strange TSR's active on my computer (Olivetti M24,
   >8086), only a clock driver and a screen saver. These TSR's never
   >caused any trouble with any programm.

The clock driver is probably okay.  That's the one that's necessary to 
let the internal (motherboard) clock tell the correct year, isn't it?  I 
think the Olivetti M24 is pretty much the same thing as an AT&T PC6300 
(Olivetti made them both).  You might want to try without your screen 
saver loaded.  I don't know that it would cause a problem, but I used to 
have an AT&T PC6300 and had some problems with certain screen savers and 
comm programs.  I remember one screen saver that would literally halt 
data flow whenever it blanked the screen.  However, I never used 
Net-Tamer on the PC6300, so don't have any experience with what 
Net-Tamer might do on the M24 with whatever screen saver you use.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to