Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 19:55:49 +330
From: Jim Fidler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: LOADFIX QUESTION

Hi again,
thanks for your help.  Funny how you stumble into these silly things.  
Next I think I'll try out format.com.  hahaha

Cheers,
Jim

On 2000-04-11 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 13:51:51 +0700
   >On 2000-04-11 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >>Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 20:17:50
   >>In data astrale 10 Apr 00 alle 20:06, Nettamer List scrisse:
   >>> Hi all,
   >>> just a quicky;
   >>> I was hunting around in my dos directory and saw something called
   >>> "loadfix".
   >>> It seems that using this will load a program into upper memory.
   >>>I'm  not sure, but I think this might solve a few small problems
   >>>I've had in  the past with Nettamer.
   >>Hi!
   >>I think you should use the loadhigh command to run programs to
   >>upper memory.
   >>I don't remember exactly because I've got dos in win98, but I think
   >>loadfix is used to force a program to use the conventional memory!
   >>Bye and sorry if I made some grammar mistakes but I'm Italian :-)
   >By the way, I experimented with using LOADFIX in DRDOS 7.03 to load
   >and run NETTAMER.EXE.  It loaded and ran, all right, but there was
   >less conventional memory available as reported by Net-Tamer (not a
   >full 64K less, but about 46000 bytes).  Since many people cry about
   >not having enough conventional memory available, it would seem that
   >using LOADFIX is not a good idea _unless_ you use it to solve the
   >particular problem that is mentioned in help for LOADFIX:  A
   >program won't load and/or you get a "Packed file corrupt" message.
   >Ronald Dailey
   >--
   >RCD
   >Net-Tamer V 1.12 Beta - Registered
   >********************************************************
   >To unsubscribe from this list,
   >send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
   >Unsubscribe
   >as the subject.
   >You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
   >********************************************************



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to