Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2000 07:25:00 -400
From: Tom Rutherford <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Please reply -- a check


Receiving you five-by-five, Jerry.  Sorry I didn't respond.  Heck of a
note that someone could hijack your ISP's addresses like that.  But,
what's the old Jeffersonian saying about liberty and eternal vigilance?
:-)

Tom

On 19th Apr 00 at 10.21pm, Nettamer List <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

NL>Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 20:53:00 -600 From: "Jerry J.
NL>Haumberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Subject: Please reply -- a
NL>check

NL>If you've heard from me already on this subject, my apologies!

NL>I've sent a news item about how my ISP domain was "highjacked"
NL>to this list, but I have had no response.  Perhaps by now, my
NL>e-mail has been restored to normal from [EMAIL PROTECTED] --
NL>I hope.

NL>Below is a repeat of the news article from my ISP explaining
NL>the situation:

NL>--------------------[quote]----------------------

NL>News: Hijacked Domain:

NL>Over the weekend, someone in Instanbul maliciously forged a
NL>change to our domain, imt.net, changing our routing
NL>information, in an attempt to steal our domain.

NL>Because of the way in which it was forged, the organization
NL>that manages our internet address, Network Solutions, was led
NL>to believe the change was valid and authorized it without
NL>having our actual permission. This has resulted in problems
NL>with IMT customers receiving mail. Many internet servers have
NL>the incorrect information stored in their databases, causing
NL>mail to bounce back to the sender. The routing information
NL>has been corrected with Network Solutions, however, it takes
NL>a while for this stored information to be updated, or
NL>propagated. This information is updated routinely by most
NL>internet service providers. There may be some continued mail
NL>problems for the next couple of days until the corrected
NL>information has been disseminated fully.

NL>Additional security measures have been put into place with
NL>Network Solutions to ensure that this does not happen again.

NL>--------------------[end quote]----------------------

NL>So far, I seem to have had my other list subscriptions
NL>verified. But this is not true, yet, of the Net-Tamer list.

NL>Thank you for your help -- and sorry for this nuisance!

NL>Jerry          *** delighted with PC DOS and WordStar ***

NL>Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered



NL>******************************************************** To
NL>unsubscribe from this list, send a message to
NL>[EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word Unsubscribe as the
NL>subject. You MUST use the same address with which you
NL>subscribed!
NL>********************************************************


-- 73 DE Tom Rutherford, N8EUJ, Burton, MI

I just found a piano stool - I guess it's not housebroken

NTReader v0.24a(P)/Beta in conjunction with Net-Tamer




********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to