Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 16:11:54 -600
From: "Jerry J. Haumberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Please reply -- a check

On 2000-04-27 [EMAIL PROTECTED] <Tom Rutherford> said:

   >Resending this, per the suggestion of the software that caught it
   >on the bounce the first time.  For some reason, it came back to me.
   >(Later... Found out that I'd used the wrong domain name.  Sheesh.
   ><g>)

It looks as though everything's restored, now, yes... I can't believe
the bad timing of this -- just when I was sending some important
e-mail relative to my used computer project for folks on the lists...
Nobody likes delays in receiving things, and I'm especially anxious
to get this computers-for-S&H project moving forward as quickly as
possible!  And tonight, I've good news for these folks on the
"freebie" list... ;-)

   >ARGH!!!  Time for a nastygram to Candice Bergen.  :-)  Glad you're
   >back up, though.  CoreComm had some problems last fall with their
   >mail servers.  They were down for a day or two every couple of
   >weeks for a while.  When they got the problem solved, the function
   >of Net-Tamer that I was accustomed to using that would delete old
   >mail and leave just-read mail on the server quit working.  After a
   >few exchanges between Tech Support and myself, I finally just set
   >Net-Tamer up so that it grabs it all and kills it all.  Apparently,
   >Net-Tamer doesn't properly exit the server with the other option.
   >The old server software was forgiving enough that when it lost
   >connection, it closed and did its thing.

Luckily, my ISP is Net-Tamer friendly.  As a matter of fact, when
I mentioned Net-Tamer to them, they seemed familiar with the name --
and *nobody* ever snickered about my preference for DOS.  It helps
to send compliments to your ISP, if they're deserving, too.  For
example, after a number of months of continued improvement to my
connection speed (which is now about 50 kbps *every* time!), I
decided to send them a glowing note of appreciation to their support.
They liked it well enough to post a copy of it for all to see -- so
I doubt they'd want to "bump" me off too soon... ;-)

Jerry          *** delighted with PC DOS and WordStar ***

-*- Better to be a square than somebody that's running in circles!

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to