Date: Wed, 03 May 2000 21:05:19 -0400
From: Jeff Hawkins <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: isp's who provide telnet services?

Hi Karen,

earlier you said,

>I am seeking an isp who also offers telnet services for a chat related
>project.  acompany with which i am involved is wanting to create a fourm for
>at risk kids to log into after schoo..  while it really does not matter how
>the kids reach the place, i will need telnet to have the greatest speach
>flexability.

Why not just setup a Chat channel at Dal.net and call it something that 
kids might
like and setup a website or page with a Java chat client and the port and 
channel
info for regular Chat Client users!


>  at the moment, i am not so concerned about being able to chat
>there, just in finding an isp who offers it at all.  I should say, that i
>know about delphi.  however, I cannot open a new forum in there and have
>telnet access.

Wait a minute? Do you want chat or a Web Board (Forum)? According to
Uncle Dave, live chat can be done with registered Net-Tamer (but I've yet to
try it). A web Board requires the users to have a web Browser client that can
handle forms (most do)! Net-Tamer isn't real good with WebBoard forms!

Either way, I set stuff up like this all the time! I have my own host now! 
If your
company wants this just send me the details of what they want and I'll work up
a quote!

As far as you using telnet to access the site though you can use whatever
clients are on a shell account that you have somewhere or else use whatever
clients you have available!

Later,



Jeff Hawkins
---
The Information Monster Highway
http://www.monsterhighway.com



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to