Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 03:25:54 -600
From: "Jerry J. Haumberger" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Timeout Expired

Hello, everyone.

I've used the latest XT version of Net-Tamer on a PC/XT successfully
using a ZOOM 2400 bps modem and Uncle Dave's suggested string for it.
However, when trying to upgrade to either a US Robotics Courier HST or
a US Robotics Sportster 9600, no matter what I've tried, I continue
to get "timeout expired" and "Error in authentication" messages.  I've
used the "DELAY 10, PPP" script to dial on with the ZOOM 2400 with no
problem.  Why can't I get these other modems to work?  I know that
this PC/XT can handle a faster modem, since I've heard others do it.

What am I missing?

Jerry          *** delighted with PC DOS and WordStar ***

-*- Without mistakes, learning loses its challenge.

Net-Tamer V 1.11.2 - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to