Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2000 23:35:48 +0500
From: "Mark at Cross+Road's" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NT Beta 113


Ok thanks that helps to explain some maybe I'll just use this version and
not change with the production version?  I've liked it so far and it's
always a memory issue because I've got so much stuffed into my autoexect and
config.
    I'm not sure about the graffic browser I've always used the text only
and keeping it out is a great option.  Maybe that's an idea for a future
upgrade but that's likely to difficult to have the two choices of nt with
and without graffic code in it.
    Thanks for the feedback.  I wonder if something like doslinks could be
incorperated into the browser much as the text editor is?  Maybe it could be
something like choosing the browser of liking as default but I am sure
that's to simplistic however it would be something to hit f2 then browsing
choice and have doslinks come-up as a choice for Nettamer or choose the
traditional N-T text browser.  In this way you could get at least two
different looks at a site and maybe even more in order to determine which
one gives you the best text prospective of any one certain site.  Of corse
I've never tried the graffic choice due-to my own situation but if it's as
problematic as others have claimed then maybe it should be just abanded for
the space it saves in code and to allow better developement of the text
option.  This makes sense to me under the understanding that N-T can never
be everything to everyone and the browser really may be one area that N-T
will never meet the standard being set by MSE and N-S.  In addition, I've
come to understand that the most recent versions of links has continued to
develope and some even encorperate this secure inhansed process for viewing
on secure sites such as those used in banking and such.  The only place
where I've understood that Links has been struggling more with is in Java or
whatever that newer language is for sites.  I don't believe there is any
good resolution to that in the future however for those users of screen
review programs, sites with java have problems with the windows browsers
also.
    Just some thoughts to help continue the brain storming on N-T and it's
practical future use.
     Mark


On 2000-12-01 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >According to David Colston's documentation on the newest beta,
   >the software requires that you use a PENTIUM class machine, or a
   >386 or better with math coprocessor. PENTIUM class machines already
   >have equivalent functions to a math coprocessor built in.
   >Net-Tamer shows more memory available because almost all of the
   >code relating to graphics mode has been stripped out; Net-Tamer is
   >truly a text-only web browser now. By this token, if you had been
   >tight on memory to the point where shelling to DOS was difficult or
   >hazardous, that problem would be improved by virtue of there being
   >more memory available than in previous versions. But, don't expect
   >the DOS shell problem to stay away. I'm guessing that David Colston
   >will add in new code for some new function -- if he can and if he's
   >ambitious enough to do so.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to