Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 07:13:52 -0500 (EST)
From: Brent Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: NT Beta 113
Well, Guys,
I have run the NT 1.13 beta version on my Everex Stepnote 486DX2/50
laptop, processing a .DLU file nearly 16MB large, working through an 11MB
newsgroup .dlu file, downloading and deleting messages from the ISP, and
browsing huge websites with thousands of links each, and doing FTP from
simtel.net's msdos directories. I can tell absolutely no difference in
speed, memory usage, or anything else running this beta versus running the
official 1.12 release with the /nopix option. I wonder just what the use
of the math coprocessor is supposed to buy us in this release. Pages seem
to take about the same amount of time to parse. .DLU files take the same
amount of time to sort, and delete deleted messages. The program loads
and negotiates with the ISP in the same amount of time. I have found no
problems, but I have yet to notice any differences, much less improvements
in real-word performance doing the things I usually do with Net-Tamer, on
the same machines on which I've run all versions since 1.08.
Anybody got any ideas?
Brent Reynolds
Random Access Internet Shell account
Standard disclaimers apply.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************