Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 11:15:57 -0500 (EST)
From: Brent Reynolds <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: using taglines?
HI, Guys,
If you're going to get really serious about taglines and Net-Tamer, you
absolutely must have Charles Hallenbeck's FixTags utility for Net-Tamer.
This thing can sort and clean up tagline files of any size quickly. In
addition to maintaining Net-Tamer's nttags.dat file, it creates an ASCII
text file called nttags.txt which you can edit with any old text editor.
It assumes that taglines will be no more than 70 characters long. It
supports two-line tags by using the symbols <> (less-than greater-than)
placed together on the end of the first line. You can concatenate
multiple nttags.dat and nttags.txt files, and other .txt files that
conform to the program's format conventions. I have used Net-Tamer's
"grab" (alt G) feature to snag and edit lines from multiple sources,
including articles and messages.
I then maintain a file I call NewTags.Txt which is a plain text file and
then combine it with the nttags.txt file when I'm ready to add a bunch of
taglines to the big nttags.dat file.
You can get this free little gem, including the source code for the beast
from the developer's webpages at:
http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh/software.html
Don't forget that <tilde> character in there.
Oh, by the way, any of you accomplished tagline thieves and collectors,
please feel free to privately E-mail me your nttags.dat or other tagline
files so I can add any that are different from what I already have to my
collection. I will be happy to retaliate in kind. <grin> Send tagline
collections privately, off the list, please.
If the URL I posted does not work for you, try the main page:
http://www.mhonline.net/~chuckh/
and activate that software link to get to his software programs. These
programs are all free, and they include, in addition to that tagline
sorting and maintaining utility, an addressbook sorting utility for
Net-Tamer; a really nice and fast print-to-braille translation program; a
small, surprisingly powerful "Screen Reader" program for DOS along with
source code; and a DOS-Based "personal Information Manager" program.
Have fun!
Brent Reynolds
Random Access Internet Shell account
Standard disclaimers apply.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************