Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2001 06:53:59 -0800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: usenet list?

On 2001-03-01 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 23:15:11 -0800
   >Hi there; I have been trying to get the usenet list to work
   >properly for me and i can't figure out how to.
   >What happens is I tell it to update the usenet group list and it
   >does. Igets this huge list, then when I go back into setting usenet
   >groups to download, It takes a few minutes while it processes the
   >list. Then I try to ask for and find ( van.forsale ) and it won't
   >find it. Yet it is one of the usenet groups on the server. C an
   >anyone tell me what is going on?
   >Any hints or suggestions will be appreciated.

It is possible that the list Net-Tamer is getting from the server is 
larger than it can entirely display and that van.forsale is beyond the 
point at which the list exceeds the available memory.  I _think_ the 
limit is something just over 32000 lines, depending on available DOS 
memory.  If you have a text editor that edit large files _or_ a copy of 
Vernon Buerg's LIST.COM, you can open USENET.FOR and find the group(s) 
you want and extract them to another file, e.g. USENET.NEW.  Then, you 
can rename USENET.FOR to USENET.OLD and rename USENET.NEW to USENET.FOR.  
Net-Tamer can handle the much smaller file just fine.

Ronald Dailey


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to