Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 06:52:44 -0800
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: base64 attachment feature in 1.12.0 probably broken

On 2001-03-25 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2001 03:48:51 +0500
   >After I try replying to a message and hit b for binary and then hit
   >b for type the file name to attach in the silence this operation
   >causes, I get memory allocation error command halted and have to
   >reboot the computer.  The file I was trying to attach is a bit over
   >370k in size.  I have ramboost loaded and running memory management
   >so the memory management is likely as good as it's going to get.
   >The machine has 24mb of memory on it, and after starting about 608k
   >of low memory free.  Any ideas? Jude <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   >Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered

Although I'm currently running beta 1.13, I doubt that the attachment 
feature is broken in 1.12.0.  I tried this both quoting the orignal 
message and not quoting and used an 800K zip file as the test 
attachment.  I couldn't duplicate your problem.  Since I also use memory 
management (in DRDOS 7.03), I think "ramboost" is the only thing you are 
using that I don't have.  I have 36MB of RAM, but more RAM doesn't make 
that much difference with a DOS application, even Net-Tamer.  Try 
disabling "ramboost" and see if that makes a difference.  If it does, 
then you have to decide just how important large attachments are as 
compared to what "ramboost" does for you otherwise.

Ronald Dailey 


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to