Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 00:12:57-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Lot's of Luck
On Fri, 20 Jul 2001 05:23:32 -0700 John Oram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Sam:
> Since the release of Nettamer version 1.07 beta, I have been following
> the lack of progress on bug fixes to the application(s).
> Probably the most stable code Uncle Dave ever posted was version 1.08.
> Walter Scott, Bob Buckland and many others have spent countless hours
> documenting the bugs in various versions of Nettamer. There was even a
> project where everybody sent their bugs to a single person (Tom B...
> sorry I forgot your name - Tom builds add-ons for Nettamer) who compiled
> a listing.
You are most likely referring to Thomas L. Burleigh. His web page is
listed as a link on Uncle Dave's Nettamer site.
Here is where it is: http://www.net.connect.net/~tomburl/
I haven't looked into versions 1.07beta and 1.08. I have never been
interested in trying out any versions of Nettamer which do not include
graphics capabilities. As I have never tried out either of these
versions myself, I know nothing of whatever bugs may exist.
> Uncle Dave had promised to handle those bugs in a timely manner and post
> updates to Nettamer. For what ever personal, physical, lack of interest,
> or who knows why the reason; that project for bug fixing fell on its
> ass. Just as every other attempt to get Uncle Dave to focus on fixing
> what he has BEFORE adding new features, has fallen on it collective
> asses.
That is interesting. Michael Polak, the author of Arachne also is
known for adding new features BEFORE fixing old bugs. People on the
Arachne List also complain about this kind of development progress.
Sometimes we just have to bypass, isolate, or contain certain trouble
spots and pockets of resistance and leave them be in order to continue
the rapid advance forward. Then after we have secured our main
objectives we can come back later and mop up the remaining trouble
spots. Often that is the best strategy for achieving victory. You
can consult your favorite successful general.
<snip>
> Please send me a reminder email when there is a new version of Nettamer
> that fixes the bugs & items listed by Tom, Walter, and Bob's various
> write ups over the past several years on known bugs that needed fixing.
OK, will do. Could you please refer me to some URLs where I can find
these write-ups?
<snip>
Regards,
Sam Heywood
********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************