Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2001 06:10:03 -0700
From: John Oram <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Lot's of Luck

Sam said in part: "... Often that is the best strategy for achieving
victory. You can consult your favorite successful general."

Since the study of guerilla war is often more valuable in understanding
how to occupy territory AFTER a conflict; I suggest you take a step 
back from the traditional American military writings on "how the west 
was won" and look at some of the eastern asian military philosophers
and historians. You will probably find a much different perspective 
than the traditional American World War II screen adaptations on 
singular battles.


Sam said in part: "... OK, will do.  Could you please refer me to 
some URLs where I can find these write-ups?"

"URL's"? Using a take off of the Boagart dialogue in Sierra Madre 
seem appropriate: "We ain't got no stinkin' URL's (with all that 
stuff listed)..." instead of "We don't need no stinkin' badges" <BG>

Since Bob Buckland <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> and Walter Scott
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> are no longer active participants on the
present Nettamer Discussion list, I suggest you contact them directly. 
They may or may not have their own archives of historical information
about the various write-ups they submitted to Uncle Dave regarding 
the many versions of Nettamer they worked with. I suggest you contact
them directly. And provide the Nettamer Discussion list the results 
of your contacts.

You already have Thomas L. Burleigh's URL
<http://www.net.connect.net/~tomburl/> 
so you know how to contact him regarding the availability of an 
archive for the Nettamer bug listings he collected. Again I suggest 
you contact Tom directly. And, again, provide the Nettamer Discussion 
list the results of your contacts.

Good luck on your quest for the "Holy Grail of Nettamer" bugs. You will 
find the above individuals - and MANY MORE who I have forgotten to 
mention, and I appologize to ALL of them in advance - have spent 
countless hours working with the various versions of the Nettamer
applications. 

Their collective knowledge and experiences are INCALCULABLE in 
valuable insights IF they had EVER been ACTED UPON by Uncle Dave. As 
I have said before David Colston has chosen his own path(s) for the 
direction(s) he is willing to take his marketable coding skills.

IMNSHO, David Colston could have 
"blown Michael Polak, the author of Arachne into the weeds" 
HAD Uncle Dave chosen to take advantage of the collective wisdom 
offered at "NO CHARGE" by his active users - registered and 
non-registered - on the Nettamer Discussion list and in personal 
emails sent directly to Uncle Dave about various Nettamer bugs.

The present email discussion on this subject speaks much louder about 
the actions of Uncle Dave and his choices towards the few who became
the recipients of his self-selected unique bug fixes. You can take that
comment and imply what ever you want to about this situation.

John Oram



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to