Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 14:08:45 -0500
From: "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How many messages?

On Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:35:52 +0400, Bill Marcum wrote:

> On 25 Sep 01, at 3:46, "Samuel W. Heywood" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

>> Nettamer doesn't care if some numbers are missing from sequence.
>> What is important to Nettamer is that the messages be numbered
>> hexidecimally.  "10" is a valid hexidecimal number.  It is equal
>> to 16 in the decimal system.  If you tried numbering a message as
>> "15" I don't think it would fly.  15 is a valid decimal number but
>> it isn't a valid hexidecimal number.

> Yes it is a valid hex number.  15 hex equals 21 decimal.

OOOPS!  I goofed.  You are so right.  It was very late and
I was very tired and sleepy and not thinking at all brilliantly
about numerical systems when I posted the above nonsense.  Sorry.

Sam Heywood
P.S.  It is good you caught the error and promptly corrected me.



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to