Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:06:19 -0700
From: "Ronald C. Dailey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: How many messages?

On 2001-09-22 [EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
   >Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 17:50:42 +0400
   >No, that's not how it works.  After 9, nettamer starts numbering in
   >hex. This means that message 16 is written as mail.$10.  This also
   >means nettamer has a 256 message limit for outgoing mail.

That occurred to me after I said 15 x 15 because 00 through FF _is_ 256.  
However, Net-Tamer doesn't use "00" for the first message so I'm not 
sure how that affects the total, maybe reducing it to 255.  Perhaps 
Net-Tamer doesn't use "FF" either and that would reduce the maximum 
total to 254.  Not a big deal, either way.  That's a lot more messages 
than I would ever generate in a single session.

Ron


-- 
RCD

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered



Reply via email to