Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2002 16:20:24-0400
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Test of NetMail Pro and Nokia Model 7160 cell phone

Hello Folks:

I am posting this message as a test of my Nokia Model 7160 cell
phone's internet capabilities.  I am sending this message by
using NetMail Pro, another Nettamer product by Uncle Dave.  I
am using my DOS-only computer and I have connected it to my
cell phone by using a special cable attached to a 9-pin serial
port on my computer.  In my configuration file I have set the
connection speed for 115200 and my modem init string as ATZ^M.
All other settings, to include the dial string, are the same as
though I were using any ordinary modem.

Earlier today I posted a test message to the newsgroup
alt.comp.shareware.nettamer by using the same kind of system
setup and and cell phone connection by using Nettamer instead
of NetMail Pro (NetMail Pro does not do newsgroups).

In order for the cell-phone internet connection to work I
must be in a digital signal area and I must be in my "Home"
area.  If I am in a "Roaming" zone the system will not work,
even when I am receiving a digital signal and even when I
am using the correct long-distance dial string.  Also I have
found that I must be subscribed to a special internet access
feature that is supplied by my cell phone service provider
for an additional monthly charge of about $5.00.  BTW, my
cell phone service provider is Cingular Wireless.

I am not sending this message for the purpose of advertising
any particular cell phone service or for advertising any
particular brand and model of cell phone.  I just thought you
all would like to know that it is easy to connect to the
internet by using a cell phone and a computer running only
DOS and Nettamer or NetMail Pro.  BTW, I have also tested this
system with DOS Arachne.  It works.  Also I have tested the
system with a hand-held computer running Windows CE, version 1,
internet clients.  It works all the way around!

All the best,

Sam Heywood
-- Message sent by Net-Mail Pro (DOS). See http://www.nettamer.net/xagent.html 



********************************************************
To unsubscribe from this list,
send a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the single word
                     Unsubscribe
as the subject.
You MUST use the same address with which you subscribed!
********************************************************

Reply via email to