Brian wrote: "How to let the nationalist-populist dead bury their dead,
while we move on to the urgent question of living under twenty-first
century conditions?"

And of course I think / we think about:

"Let the dead bury the dead and mourn them. In contrast, it is enviable to
be the
first to enter upon a new life: this shall be our lot."

- Marx to Ruge, 1843

So let's pray that we're in 1843 or so. Meanwhile: https://alienocene.com/
and especially:https://alienocene.com/2018/10/23/a-communism-of-ghosts/

F.