Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <[email protected]> writes:

> It seems it is being pushed forward and openssh even uses it by default
> now.  There are implementations like [0] that nettle could take
> advantage to use that curve, but what I'm worried about is that the
> current interfaces to use this curve provide no agility.

I think you're more familier with its uses than I am. I'm thinking that it
would be nice to have a 

  struct ecc_curve nettle_curve25519;

with the same operations (ecc_point_mul, etc), but maybe a very
different implementation underneath.

Is that enough? It's not clear to me how people do signatures with
curve25519, if that's plain ecdsa over a new curve, or something more or
less different?

Will people also want djb's curve25519 function, defined with octet
strings as input and output?

Are there any authoritative testvectors?

And about the "safe" curves listed at http://safecurves.cr.yp.to/,
anything beyond curve25519 which is being deployed? M-383, Curve41417,
M-511 or E-521?

Regards,
/Niels

-- 
Niels Möller. PGP-encrypted email is preferred. Keyid C0B98E26.
Internet email is subject to wholesale government surveillance.
_______________________________________________
nettle-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.lysator.liu.se/mailman/listinfo/nettle-bugs

Reply via email to