On Fri, Jan 31, 2014 at 8:16 AM, Niels Möller <[email protected]> wrote:

> I think you're more familier with its uses than I am. I'm thinking that it
> would be nice to have a
>   struct ecc_curve nettle_curve25519;
> with the same operations (ecc_point_mul, etc), but maybe a very
> different implementation underneath.

That sounds very good.

> Is that enough? It's not clear to me how people do signatures with
> curve25519, if that's plain ecdsa over a new curve, or something more or
> less different?

No signatures. It is only used for ECDH.

> Will people also want djb's curve25519 function, defined with octet
> strings as input and output?

I don't know. I am mostly interested for:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-josefsson-tls-curve25519-04

which includes a test vector.

> And about the "safe" curves listed at http://safecurves.cr.yp.to/,
> anything beyond curve25519 which is being deployed? M-383, Curve41417,
> M-511 or E-521?

There is some discussion in CFRG which will probably end-up in a draft
but I don't really follow up.

regards,
Nikos
_______________________________________________
nettle-bugs mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.lysator.liu.se/mailman/listinfo/nettle-bugs

Reply via email to