I am further clarifying SCTP init problem described by Sankar.

Venu,
Our application is similar to what you have described where client establishes
assoc with server and server restarts.
How did you restart your server? In our case we reboot the server machine.
We are using connect in non blocking mode and hence it doesn't time out.
When server is rebooted, client side SCTP sends Init once but it stops further
attempts.
We have not yet verified using dtrace probe but Ethereal trace at least is
showing that it is not sending Init nor sending COM LOST to application.

K. Poon,

Our application is on 192.168.1.80 machine.  192.168.1.225 is the server and it
is restarted by reboot command.  As you have also verified in trace, there is
Init coming out of 192.168.1.80 only once.  This is after 192.168.1.225 is
rebooted.

Thanks
Dhananjay