On Fri, 2021-04-09 at 10:41 +0200, Florian Klein wrote:
> Hello Thomas,
>
> Thanks a lot for your reply. This is really helpful.
>
> In the meantime I found that this issue got fixed last month in
> Network Manager:
> https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/NetworkManager/NetworkManager/-/merge_requests/756

Oh, I was not aware of this.

> But because we do not have a way to use the latest version it would
> be wonderful to find a workaround.

if you rebuild NetworkManager, then it should be simple to backport
this patch. But indeed, it is undesirable to maintain your own
package...

> I tried to disable wps in the wpa_supplicant config [1] file but this
> did not work. Is this the right way to adjust it? Is this even the
> wpa_supplicant config used by network manager?

I thought that might work. I tried, and even with debug logging
wpa_supplicant does not log that it was reading the config file and it
didn't complain about bogus entries in the configuration. But it should
have used the file... I don't know.

I'd suggest to run wpa_supplicant with debug logging (-ddd) and check
the logs, if you didn't already do that.

best,
Thomas