If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

____________________________________

CHUCK MUTH’S NEWS & VIEWS
May 7, 2004

To view the HTML version of today’s News & Views, just go to:
http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm
_____________________________________

ANTI-AMERICAN HATE SPEECH

“Now it's official: American troops occupying Iraq have become virtually
indistinguishable from the SS. Like the Germans during World War II, they cordon off
and bomb civilian villages to retaliate for guerilla attacks on their convoys. Like
the blackshirts who terrorized Europe, America's victims disappear into hellish
prisons ruled by sadists and murderers. The U.S. military is short just one item to
achieve moral parity with the Nazis: gas chambers.”

- Cartoonist Ted Rall, 5/5/04

COULD YOU REMOVE THIS KNIFE FROM MY BACK, SENATOR?

“The Senate rolled over the Bush Administration's new overtime rules yesterday...
Senate Republicans, who've been blocked by 60-vote filibusters from passing any legal
reform, proved unable to keep even their own members from defecting on this 50-vote
referendum. Among the five GOP defectors was none other than Arlen Specter, who thus
repaid the White House for its recent support in his cliffhanger Pennsylvania primary.
Karl Rove can't say he wasn't warned.”

- Wall Street Journal, 5/5/04

DISNEY PULLS PLUG ON MOORE’S HIT PIECE

“Film producer and liberal political activist Michael Moore claims The Walt Disney
Company is engaging in ‘censorship’ of his newest Bush-bashing documentary by
preventing it from being distributed by Miramax.  Moore's independent film entitled
‘Fahrenheit 911,’ which alleges there is a direct connection between President George
W. Bush and al Qaeda leader Usama bin Laden that has been ongoing for three decades,
is strongly critical of the way Bush has led the country before and after September
11. . . . Disney has the ability to control the distribution of films through Miramax
that they deem as inappropriate.”

- Talon News, 5/6/04

WAAHHHH!!!

“I would have hoped by now that I would be able to put my work out to the public
without having to experience the profound censorship obstacles I often seem to
encounter.”

- Cry-baby Bush-whacker Michael Moore

PUT UP OR SHUT UP, MOORE-ON

“…(T)he NY Times is now reporting that the Walt Disney Company is blocking its Miramax
division from distributing the new ‘documentary’ (“Fahrenheit 911”) by (Michael)
Moore.  Thank goodness. If Moore wants this film distributed, let him put his OWN
money into it. Mel Gibson had to do it, why shouldn't he?”

- Bill Greene, Conservative Alerts, 5/6/04

THIS WEEK’S “MUTH’S TRUTHS”

The “film” is amateurish, second-rate, biased, boring, shallow, underhanded,
disgusting, dishonest and nothing but pure warmed-over, bush-league, anti-business
propaganda.  But enough sugar-coating for Morgan Spurlock’s “Super Size Me,” which
opens in theaters today, let me tell you how I really feel.  Check out this week’s
Muth’s Truth’s column at www.citizenoutreach.com

GREATEST GLUTTONY STORY EVER TOLD

“(The film is) called ‘Supersize Me,’ and it may be the greatest gluttony story ever
told.”

- Diane De La Paz, wkkj.com

A PIG’S LIFE

“The essence of the movie (“Supersize Me”) is about one person's conscious decision to
overeat. That's not what McDonald's is about."

- McDonald’s spokesman Bill Whitman, Washington Post, 5/2/04

TWO THUMBS DOWN

“(Morgan) Spurlock, whose debut effort (“Super Size Me”) won him the director's prize
from jurors at this year's Sundance Film Festival, was apparently inspired by the
lawsuits filed against McDonald's by two overweight girls, who were themselves
apparently inspired by lawsuits against the tobacco industry. The first and most
obvious question raised by such litigation is voiced by Spurlock himself: What about
personal responsibility? he asks. Aren't we ultimately to blame for what crosses our
lips and stays stuck to our hips?

“He then promptly drops the subject. What I'm going to do, he tells us, is eat
McDonald's food at various locations three times a day for 30 days and see what
happens. At which point you realize you're in the presence of something less than
genius, and that the movie you're watching has the suspicious odor of a week-old
Filet-O-Fish.  A scientific experiment devoid of science...

“Maybe it's the director's inherently superior attitude that's makes the film so
irritating: From his self-congratulatory physical - he's in great shape, he's told
repeatedly - to the decidedly unwelcome shot of his rectal exam, to the repetitious,
sneering shots of wide-bottomed Americans, we get the distinct impression that he's
isn't in it for the pubic benefit.”

- Columnist John Anderson, Newsday.com, 5/6/04

MISLEADING PERVERSION

“The movie ‘Supersize Me’ is misleading and a perversion of healthful nutritional
practices.  The documentary follows star and director Morgan Spurlock as he overeats
at McDonald's restaurants every day for one month.  Although Spurlock attributes these
effects specifically to the food he ate at McDonald's, the simple fact is that he
consumed excessive calories and did not increase physical activity to burn them off.
In fact, he reduced his exercise level for the month.”

- American Council on Science and Health, 5/6/04

SUPER-SIZED CON JOB

“The phoniness surrounding ‘Super Size Me,’ Morgan Spurlock's fake documentary on fast
food, is beginning to reach super size proportions. This week, the Physicians
Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) began desperately trying to piggyback the
release of Spurlock's voyeur flick in an attempt to promote its animal rights agenda.
PCRM president Neal Barnard, who refers to cheese as ‘morphine on a cracker’ and
‘dairy crack,’ makes a guest appearance in the film to push his food-is-addictive
mantra.

“But just as Spurlock's creation is nothing more than a sensationalistic reality show
masquerading as a documentary (Spurlock's production company, after all, is aptly
named "The Con"), PCRM dons its own disguise. The self-styled medical charity is
really just an animal-rights front group (funded generously by PETA) with a vegetarian
agenda. Now these two cons are teaming up to frighten Americans into accepting their
dietary utopia.”

- The Center for Consumer Freedom, 5/5/04

DEBUNKING SPURLOCK

Her quest started as an attempt to show that Americans can eat fast food and maintain
a healthy lifestyle, and Soso Whaley has accomplished her goal. She lost 10 pounds and
lowered her cholesterol 40 points by making wise food choices and watching her caloric
intake during her one-month diet of McDonald's food.  “I knew I could do it,” says
Whaley, an adjunct fellow with the Competitive Enterprise Institute. “I can't believe
all the attention over Morgan Spurlock's 'Super Size Me' film. All he did was eat like
a pig to make his point."

IT’S CALLED PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY

“When it comes right down to it, if you're trying to lose weight, it doesn't matter
what kind of calories you put in, it's the number of calories. McDonald's is not to
blame for the poor diets Americans have."

- Soso Whaley’s doctor, Rayner Dickey, 5/4/04

TABOR TALES UPDATE

Since this issue seems to be devoted to jerks and goofballs already, it only seems
appropriate for a little update on congressional candidate Nathan Tabor.

Theo Helm of the Winston Salem Journal did a story on Tuesday focusing on the business
experience of the various candidates running in North Carolina’s 5th District.  In it,
Tabor pumps his business expertise, claiming to have created 130 jobs at his soy
company while belittling two of his competitors whose companies suffered business
failures in the past.

One little problem: Revival Soy is not HIS company; it’s his BROTHER’S.  Nate’s just a
glorified salesman there.  He’s never started, operated or owned his own business from
scratch; preferring instead to leech off the risks and visions of family relatives.
Big talk from a guy who’s only signed the BACKS of checks.

Oh, yeah.  And word is leaking out of the Tabor camp that Li’l Nate’s big, bad lawyer
is preparing to sue me.  Guess that’s the weasel way these days for snot-nosed kids
who aren’t ready to play in the big leagues yet.  Geez, Louise...if Nate can’t handle
little ol’ ME, how in the world does the twerp think he’s man enough to handle Nancy
Pelosi and Maxine Waters?  They’ll have this kid for lunch.

Unless, of course, NC-5 voters send an adult rather than a wet-behind-the-ears tot to
Washington to represent ‘em.

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439