If you are unable to view html within your email program please use the following link
to view Chuck Muth's latest News and Views: http://chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU...CAN I LIVE WITH YOU?

“One of the Iraqi prisoners who was abused by U.S. reservists says he is so humiliated
he can't return to his hometown.  So, he wants to come live in the United States.
Think about this for a minute.  This Iraqi is abused by Americans.  As a result of
that abuse he wants to go live in America.  Damn ... we are one evil, horrible
country, aren't we?”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz, 5/7/04

GENERAL DISASTER

“During the course of this investigation I conducted a lengthy interview with Brig.
Gen. Karpinski that lasted over four hours, and is included verbatim in the
investigation annexes. Brig. Gen. Karpinski was extremely emotional during much of her
testimony. What I found particularly disturbing in her testimony was her complete
unwillingness to either understand or accept that many of the problems inherent in the
800th MP Brigade were caused or exacerbated by poor leadership and the refusal of her
command to both establish and enforce basic standards and principles among its
soldiers."

- Maj. Gen. Antonio M. Taguba in his 53-page report on his investigation of Gen. Janis
Karpinski, the officer in charge of Abu Ghraib prison

WILL SHE BE TREATED DIFFERENTLY BECAUSE SHE’S A SHE?

“There are serious unanswered questions about the performance of Brig. Gen. Janis
Karpinski, the warden responsible for overseeing military prisons in Iraq. She seems
to have mastered the bureaucratic art of blaming others for her own failings. We hope
Gen. Karpinski will be required to explain soon — not on television — what she did to
stop the abuse.”

- Washington Times editorial, 5/6/04

ENOUGH ALREADY WITH THE STINKIN’ APOLOGIES

“To be clear, a very small number of Americans did a terrible thing at Abu Ghraib. . .
. Explaining our anger at these misdeeds and our determination to punish the
wrongdoers is appropriate. Appearing overly contrite or overly apologetic, however,
will be a big mistake. . . . The pan-Arab media, with its selective outrage, honors
and gives prominence to terrorists and barbaric mobs. The smallest American error is
given banner headlines…”

- Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich, Wall Street Journal, 5/7/04

LYNCH MOB GATHERS

“The press corps turned into a lynch mob yesterday. Fueled with righteous indignation
and evident agendas, some print and broadcast journalists cast themselves in the role
of jurors and called for the end of Defense Secretary Donald H. Rumsfeld's career.”

- Jennifer Harper, Washington Times, 5/7/04

“I think that (Secretary of Defense Donald) Rumsfeld should step down.  Mr. Rumsfeld
has been engaged in a cover-up from the start on this (Iraqi prisoner abuse) issue.”

- House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi

“Rep. Charles B. Rangel, New York Democrat, yesterday introduced articles of
impeachment against Mr. Rumsfeld.”

- Washington Times, 5/7/04

“The Democrats want a scalp, and the news media is helping them get it.”

- Brent Baker of the Media Research Center

PAYBACK TIME?

Republican Defense Sec. Donald Rumsfeld may not have the support one would normally
expect from some Republican members of Congress over Abu Ghraib brouhaha.  The
Washington Times reports that “according to congressional staffers, Mr. Rumsfeld has
alienated some powerful Republican lawmakers with his brash style and his decisions to
curtail defense programs without first notifying members whose districts lost jobs.”
Would GOP members of Congress sacrifice national security in order to take an
opportunity to exact a little payback?  Just watch.

SACRIFICING RUMMY

“The president gave Don Rumsfeld an unequivocal vote of confidence yesterday; such a
vote usually means that the honored one is already packing his grip. But if the
president caves on this, he'll learn a whole new definition of ‘sorry’."

- Wesley Pruden, Pruden On Politics,” 5/7/04

DOUBLE STANDARD

“Re; the Iraqi scandal...a few points.  Let's ask for the resignation of those
leaders, here and abroad, who ignored thirty years of Saddam Hussein's Republic of
Torture.  Let's ask for the apology of leaders who sat and did nothing while innocent
Iraqi's hung in Saddam's torture chambers.  If the high and mighty can now ask for
Rumsfeld to go, we have the right to ask what they were doing while Saddam Hussein
killed his own people with evil abandon.  How interesting that the whole world watches
as the US investigates six errant soldiers, while that same world ignored thirty years
of inhumane torture under Saddam Hussein.”

- News & Views reader Brian Berry of Austin, Texas

SURVEY SAYS!

Will Defense Secretary Don Rumsfeld survive the gathering army of opposition calling
for his head over the Abu Ghraib prison incident?

*  Yes, he’s tough as nails & Bush won’t desert him
*  No, stick a fork in him…he’s done
*  I’m a Kerry Democrat...Yes AND No

Cast your vote by clicking the “Survey Says!” tab at www.citizenoutreach.com

MORE BAD NEWS FOR KERRY

“U.S. nonagricultural payrolls grew by 288,000 in April, after rising by 308,000 jobs
in March, the Labor Department reported. The jobless rate edged down to 5.6%, from
5.7% in March. The data validate Wall Street's judgment that the ‘jobless recovery’
has finally bloomed into a real resurgence.”

- Wall Street Journal, 5/7/04

MOORE ADMITS HE’S A LIAR

“Less than 24 hours after accusing the Walt Disney Company of pulling the plug on his
latest documentary in a blatant attempt at political censorship, the rabble-rousing
film-maker Michael Moore has admitted he knew a year ago that Disney had no intention
of distributing it.  The admission, during an interview with CNN, undermined Moore's
claim that Disney was trying to sabotage the US release of Fahrenheit 911 just days
before its world premiere at the Cannes film festival.  Instead, it lent credence to a
growing suspicion that Moore was manufacturing a controversy to help publicise the
film, a full-bore attack on the Bush administration and its handling of national
security since the attacks of 11 September 2001.”

- The New Zealand Herald, 5/5/04

UP IN SMOKE & DOWN THE DRAIN

“More trouble at Air America, the liberal talk radio network featuring Al Franken and
company. . . . Now in their fifth week, their co-founder and chairman resigned
yesterday.  Also jumping ship was the vice-chairman, who was also an investor.  And
just what is our  biggest indicator that the whole thing is going down the drain?  The
company failed to make its scheduled payroll.  Nobody works for free.  Maybe Air
America will seek a government bail-out.  That would be the liberal thing to do.”

- Talk show host Neal Boortz, 5/7/04

IGNORE THE “EXPERTS”

“Dear Chuck:  I love your email posts but have never commented on them before.  The
‘food fight’ post though cried out for response.  A year ago, I weighed 350 lbs.
Today I weigh 290.  I still have a ways to go, but I hike, play tennis, and am eating
a low carb diet.  And I eat ‘fast food’ all the time.  I doubt everyone would lose 60
lbs. like I have eating this way, but a lot of us can.  The point is, the government
health ‘experts’ may well have been telling us to eat wrongly for years.  Perhaps we
as consumers should simply ignore them, and boycott those organizations that claim to
represent our health interests rather than criticize McDonalds.”

- News & Views reader Fritz Ward

EXTRA!  EXTRA! READ ALL ABOUT IT...

Catch a NEW edition of “Food Fight” today, featuring more on goofball Morgan
Spurlock’s anti-McDonald’s “Super Size Me” muck-umentary at:
http://www.chuckmuth.com/newsandviews/nv.cfm

THIS WEEK’S “MUTH’S TRUTHS”

The “film” is amateurish, second-rate, biased, boring, shallow, underhanded,
disgusting, dishonest and nothing but pure warmed-over, bush-league, anti-business
propaganda.  But enough sugar-coating for Morgan Spurlock’s “Super Size Me,” let me
tell you how I really feel.  Check out this week’s Muth’s Truth’s column at
www.citizenoutreach.com

Chuck Muth’s News & Views is published by Citizen Outreach, a non-partisan, 501(c)3
non-profit corporation. The opinions and views expressed in Chuck Muth's News & Views
reflect those of the writers, editors and columnists therein and do not necessarily
reflect the opinions of Citizen Outreach, its officers, directors or employees.

Published by: Citizen Outreach
Chuck Muth
Editor/Publisher
611 Pennsylvania Avenue, SE, #439