A nice way to pass the baton. - Steve

From: "Tech Resistance" <i...@techequitycollaborative.org>
Date: May 8, 2017 5:13 PM
Subject: Sunsetting Tech Resistance

View this email in your browser
<http://mailchi.mp/31768253e423/sunsetting-tech-resistance?e=bd2f8ef033>

We’re writing to let you know that we’re sunsetting Tech Resistance.

When we started Tech Resistance almost three months ago, we did so for two
reasons:

   1.

   To channel tech workers who were newly politically activated into the
   work we are doing through the TechEquity Collaborative

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=1f7f139b7f&e=bd2f8ef033>,
   to work on local Bay Area social and economic justice issues.
   2.

   To provide some infrastructure and create some transparency across the
   many civic and political tech groups who have sprung up since last year’s
   election.

We did NOT want to start yet another new thing. As the weeks have gone on
and the dust has settled a little bit, it’s clear to us that providing
infrastructure and transparency for the various groups isn’t a big enough
need for us to continue running the program.

We also found that we don’t have enough resources to invest in growing both
Tech Resistance and the TechEquity Collaborative -- and TechEquity is where
our heart is. *(If you’re a Bay Area techie who believes the tech-driven
economy in this region should work for everyone, please join us
<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=b41fc6042e&e=bd2f8ef033>).*

We don’t want to leave you hanging. If you joined this list because you
wanted to:

   -

   Use your tech skills to support organizations supporting vulnerable
   communities, join Ragtag

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=9b49f85d81&e=bd2f8ef033>
   or Techs and Balances

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=0a8f09eab0&e=bd2f8ef033>
   .
   -

   Use your tech skills to support progressive candidates in local
   elections, sign up for Ragtag

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=b4d5afb3c9&e=bd2f8ef033>
   or Tech for Campaigns

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=1989fd012c&e=bd2f8ef033>
   .
   -

   Defend against encroachments on an open internet, consider supporting the
   work of the EFF

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=6d531ac99d&e=bd2f8ef033>
   .
   -

   Use your position as an employee at a tech company to influence your
   company’s behavior, join the Tech Workers Coalition

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=89636df230&e=bd2f8ef033>
   or attend a Tech Solidarity

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=b2af0a7375&e=bd2f8ef033>
   meeting. [TechEquity will be working closely with the Tech Workers
   Coalition on campaigns and actions in the Bay Area].
   -

   Understand what’s happening across the tech resistance landscape, sign
   up to receive Civic Hall’s First Post

<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=c0c70a797e&e=bd2f8ef033>
   .

Whatever you do, we hope you continue to be engaged in making sure tech
always stands for progress and justice.
<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=efdd76b881&e=bd2f8ef033>
<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=10168009ff&e=bd2f8ef033>
<http://techequitycollaborative.us12.list-manage.com/track/click?u=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&id=79f4057940&e=bd2f8ef033>
*Copyright © 2017 TechEquity Collaborative, All rights reserved.*
You signed up to join the Tech Resistance.

*Our mailing address is:*
TechEquity Collaborative
c/o Kapor Center for Social Impact
2148 Broadway
Oakland, CA 94612
[image: Email Marketing Powered by MailChimp]
<http://www.mailchimp.com/monkey-rewards/?utm_source=freemium_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=monkey_rewards&aid=dd2c016d176b3faee4d7421dd&afl=1>

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/1wNgfgTlsM63JG39wB3lTp