Thanks all.

I finished up my quick review of the online deliberation/dialogue market
for my client.

Some notable things that I can share:

1. Different communities I posted to recommended different tools. My
queries varied of course.

2. After digging into what was recommended, I found a gazillion new tools
that I will have to review another time. Many interesting tools are coming
out of non-English speaking countries.

3. A buyers guide? I am thinking about E-Democracy producing a buyer's
guide of sorts. It would have to be funded or involve fees to be included,
but I can see a real need for some fresh comparison options. I ended up
with over 75 active tools.

4. Here are some good places to go beyond the usual suspects that have been
written up over that last decade:

https://ogptoolbox.org/en/
http://www.civicstack.org/

http://www.participatedb.com (I suggested that Tim add sort by entry date.)
http://www.governing.com/columns/smart-mgmt/col-participatory-democracy-emerging-tools.html

http://thegovlab.org/democracy-demos/

http://ncdd.org/events/tech-tuesdays
http://www.gfoa.org/tools-civic-engagement-0

http://www.mdpi.com/2078-2489/8/2/47/htm

https://onlinepublicengagementemporium.wordpress.com/

Older

http://wiseeconomy.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Online-Engagement-Platforms-White-Paper-WEW-NWPE-11-09-12.pdf

http://www.businessofgovernment.org/sites/default/files/Using%20Online%20Tools%20to%20Engage%20The%20Public_0.pdf
(About of the tools in this article are now defunct FYI, but I like the
classifications.)

Thanks all for sharing your suggestions.

Thanks,
Steven Clift

On Jun 29, 2017 12:46 PM, "Steven Clift" <cl...@e-democracy.org> wrote:

> I am doing a quick scan of emerging digital engagement tools.
>
> I am particularly interested in those tools useful to support deliberation
> or in-depth dialogue among more representative groups of people. This might
> be online tools used for the deliberation OR tools supporting more
> effective/cost-effective in-person events. It could also be a more general
> "customer engagement" tool repurposed for citizen engagement as long as
> participants can share their views or interact in some way.
>
> Startups, nonprofits, etc. I am interested in what is on your radar.
>
> Please reply to:  cl...@publicus.net
>
> Thanks,
> Steven Clift

――