From: Jay Nath
Date: Thu, Jun 21, 2018, 11:37 AM
Subject: Please RT - Seeking Startup in Residence Program Director
To: Steven Clift <cl...@publicus.net>

Hi Steven

Hope you're doing well.

We're excited to announce that we're seeking a Program Director for our
Startup in Residence program - a leader who would help grow the program
nationally and internationally to 100 cities in the next five years.  If
you or anyone you know would be interested, please have them send an email
to ru...@cityinnovate.org.

We'd also love for you to help spread the word by RT and sharing:

LinkedIn: http://bit.ly/2tqaGg2
Twitter: http://bit.ly/2yvBxx8

The full job description is below.

Thanks for your help,
Jay

------------

City Innovate (http://cityinnovate.org/) believes government can be a force
for good. We are a team of passionate, entrepreneurial, civic-minded
individuals that believe in the power of collaboration. We help cities
navigate and address their challenges by harnessing the transformative
power of startups in making our cities more effective, efficient, equitable
and responsive.

Our Startup in Residence program (https://startupinresidence.org/) connects
government agencies with startups to develop technology products that
address civic challenges through a streamlined procurement process. Over 16
weeks, startups and governments work together to co-develop solutions that
creates real impact. Since 2014, nearly 50 startups have helped cities in
areas like urban mobility, digital services, process improvement, and civic
engagement.

We are looking for Program Director to help expand the program nationally
and internationally to 100 cities in the next five years.

POSITION OVERVIEW
The Startup in Residence Program Director leads all aspects of the
program.  Your job is to ensure the success of the current cohort and to
setup success for the next cohort.  You will lead all aspects of the STIR
program, which starts pre-residency in July, with the 16-week residency
kicking off in January.  You will work closely with the key stakeholders of
the program, which include participating government partners, startups, and
corporate sponsors, ensuring that each stakeholder has a productive,
mutually beneficial experience in the program.

The candidate will support our mission to help government become more
accessible and responsive to its constituents. This individual will join an
experienced senior leadership team including the former Chief Innovation
Officer for the Mayor of San Francisco.

KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
-Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
-Project management and business operations experience required
-Strong communication, organization and project management skills
-Able to serve as an intermediary between government and startup, sometimes
in tricky circumstances
-Experience working in or with government is plus
-Experience managing a national program is a plus

KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
Account management of the STIR program
-Onboard government partners and startups to the program, ensuring they
have an understanding of the program and their expectations
-Help government partners navigate through their agencies to source
challenges
-Remove any ‘blocks’ in the way of a challenges
-Serve as a mediator between startups and government partners, sometimes
leading tough conversations

Improving the STIR program
-Improving the processes of the program
-Identifying partnership and other opportunities for the growth of the
program
-Working with the wider team to assess cross-offering benefits

Marketing and sales
-Working with the team to ensure we reach 100 cities by 2022
-Plucking out stories and case studies from the program for our blog and
press
-Leading the charge for startup applications to the program through our
partners, advertising, content marketing, and social media

Ownership of the business unit
-Managing the cash flow for the program
-Reporting for federal grants

KEY SUCCESS METRICS
-The number of STIR challenges that result in a contract
-Retention of government partners

To apply, please send your linkedIn profile or resume to
ru...@cityinnovate.org.

This email was sent to cl...@publicus.net.
If you are no longer interested you can unsubscribe instantly:
https://cityinnovate.cmail19.com/t/i-u-bhkzn-gawdddr-r/

――
View topic http://groups.dowire.org/r/topic/1yOtRdz4f84P3M6KPnSxBD