Quoting Egil Kvaleberg ([EMAIL PROTECTED]):
> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Brian Naylor wrote:
>
> > The solution is to strip the X-Trace headers
> > out of your posts before they get to the ISP.
>
> On a general note: Should newsx by default strip X-Trace and
> X-Complaints-To, just as it now strips NNTP-Posting-Host?

I don't think it should strip any of those things, except if the post was
generated locally and you're sending it using "post" rather than "ihave".
Otherwise you're injecting a bogus copy of the post into the system.

> Does any version of INN set X-Trace and X-Complaints-To by default?

2.2 certainly does.

> Additionally, should it perhaps by default reject posting of articles that
> does not contain the local host name in "NNTP-Posting-Host"? Subject to a
> command line option, of course.

Yes, definitely.  If you're using "post", you should only be sending on your
own local posts to ONE isp.  If you're using "ihave", you can cross feed
between multiple upstream hosts.

--
Paul Tomblin, not speaking for anybody.
"But I heard him exclaim, as he climbed in the night