On Tue, Jan 12, 1999 at 10:06:21AM +0100, Egil Kvaleberg wrote:
> On Mon, 11 Jan 1999, Brian Naylor wrote:
>
> > The solution is to strip the X-Trace headers
> > out of your posts before they get to the ISP.
>
> On a general note: Should newsx by default strip X-Trace and
> X-Complaints-To, just as it now strips NNTP-Posting-Host?

Probably.  That would be nice.

> Does any version of INN set X-Trace and X-Complaints-To by default?

Yes; my 2.1 does, and I thought 2.0 did as well.  Before 2.x you had
to apply a patch.

> Additionally, should it perhaps by default reject posting of articles that
> does not contain the local host name in "NNTP-Posting-Host"? Subject to a
> command line option, of course.

Hm, that would be fine as long as you can turn it off.  I can see how that
would help prevent reposting problems.

--
Brian Naylor  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  http://www.sackheads.org/~bnaylor/
The Great God Fizdale commands you to eat your dead!   -- Tay Fizdale