Ganesha has multi-protocol (NFS3, NFS4, and 9P). There are no plans to add CIFS, since that is an insanely complicated protocol, and has a userspace daemon implementation already (in the form of Samba). I personally wouldn't reject such support if it was offered, but as far as I know, no one is even thinking about working on it.

Daniel