Hi Patrick,

NSP makes no real distinction between punctuation and words, so if you do
not do anything with tokenization via --token or --nontoken or
preprocessing, the punctuation marks will be treated just like words and
will affect your results. --token and --nontoken essentially remove them
from the data, so the bigrams you find are affected as is the total sample
size.

Hope this helps!
Ted