Ok, I understand what do you mean. I've this entity named "Project"
with these fields:

(ProjectName, ProjectDate, IsFinished, ProjectOwner,
ProjectDepartment).

That's the way I've mapped it
>>    <id name="IdProject" column="Id" type="integer" />
>>    <property name="ProjectDate" column="ProjectDate" />
>>    <property name="IsFinished" column="IsFinished" />
>>    <join table="PMs">
>>      <key column="Id"/>
>>      <property name="Name" column="Name" />
>>      <property name="LastName" column="LastName" />
>>      <property name="???" column="???" />   <-- Here I would like
to retrieve the name of the dep > Departments.Description
>>    </join>

The thing is that information is stored in 3 different tables on DB.
So I came up with the join in the mapping.

>> Projects
>> ------------
>> Id
>> ProjectDate
>> IsFinished

>> PMs
>> -----------
>> Id
>> Name
>> LastName
>> IdDepartment

>> Departments
>> ----------
>> Id
>> Description


I hope to get your message, and to be more clear than before.
Thanks in advance Fabio!



On 25 Feb, 12:07, Fabio Maulo <[email protected]> wrote:
> To try to be more clear...
> The problem that an ORM tries to solves is the representation in table of
> class graph and is not the class representation of table/column/relation.
>
> You are starting from the wrong point.
>
> Switch your mind and think only and exclusively in your domain, your
> business; only then, when the problem is solved in RAM, we can talk about
> how persist it.
>
>
>
>
>
> On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Fabio Maulo <[email protected]> wrote:
> > To have tables is an accident; in general we prefer to talk about classes.
>
> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:27 AM, turibbio <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> >> Hi all, I'm facing this problem.
> >> I have 3 table on my db
>
> >> TableA
> >> ------------
> >> Id_TableA
> >> TableA_Field1
> >> TableA_Field2
>
> >> TableB
> >> -----------
> >> Id_TableB
> >> TableB_Field1
> >> TableB_Field2
> >> ForeignKey_ToTableC
>
> >> TableC
> >> ----------
> >> Id_TableC
> >> TableC_Field1
>
> >> I have joined table B in xml mapping of table A. I'd like also to
> >> retrieve TableC_Field in the same join.
>
> >> This is the mapping of TableA:
>
> >>    <join table="TableB">
> >>      <key column="Id_TableB"/>
> >>      <property name="Field1_B" column="TableB_Field1" />
> >>      <property name="Field2_B" column="TableB_Field2" />
> >>      <property name="???" column="???" />
> >>    </join>
>
> >> I would like to map one of the follow:
>
> >> 1)The entity returned in the mapping of TableB (something like that
> >>  <property name="EntityPropertyNameInTableB_ToTableC" />)
>
> >> 2)The TableC_Field1 directly from mapping of table A.
>
> >> There's any way to do that?
>
> >> Thanks in advance!
>
> >> --
> >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> >> "nhusers" group.
> >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> >> [email protected].
> >> For more options, visit this group at
> >>http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.
>
> > --
> > Fabio Maulo
>
> --
> Fabio Maulo- Nascondi testo citato
>
> - Mostra testo citato -

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to