I re-post this well-formatted

...
The thing is that information is stored in 3 different tables on DB.
So I came up with the join in the mapping.


>> Projects
>> ------------
>> Id
>> ProjectDate
>> IsFinished


>> PMs
>> -----------
>> Id
>> Name
>> LastName
>> IdDepartment


>> Departments
>> ----------
>> Id
>> Description




On 25 Feb, 14:04, turibbio <[email protected]> wrote:
> Ok, I understand what do you mean. I've this entity named "Project"
> with these fields:
>
> (ProjectName, ProjectDate, IsFinished, ProjectOwner,
> ProjectDepartment).
>
> That's the way I've mapped it>>    <id name="IdProject" column="Id" 
> type="integer" />
> >>    <property name="ProjectDate" column="ProjectDate" />
> >>    <property name="IsFinished" column="IsFinished" />
> >>    <join table="PMs">
> >>      <key column="Id"/>
> >>      <property name="Name" column="Name" />
> >>      <property name="LastName" column="LastName" />
> >>      <property name="???" column="???" />   <-- Here I would like
>
> to retrieve the name of the dep > Departments.Description
>
> >>    </join>
>
> The thing is that information is stored in 3 different tables on DB.
> So I came up with the join in the mapping.
>
> >> Projects
> >> ------------
> >> Id
> >> ProjectDate
> >> IsFinished
> >> PMs
> >> -----------
> >> Id
> >> Name
> >> LastName
> >> IdDepartment
> >> Departments
> >> ----------
> >> Id
> >> Description
>
> I hope to get your message, and to be more clear than before.
> Thanks in advance Fabio!
>
> On 25 Feb, 12:07, Fabio Maulo <[email protected]> wrote:
>
>
>
> > To try to be more clear...
> > The problem that an ORM tries to solves is the representation in table of
> > class graph and is not the class representation of table/column/relation.
>
> > You are starting from the wrong point.
>
> > Switch your mind and think only and exclusively in your domain, your
> > business; only then, when the problem is solved in RAM, we can talk about
> > how persist it.
>
> > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:59 AM, Fabio Maulo <[email protected]> wrote:
> > > To have tables is an accident; in general we prefer to talk about classes.
>
> > > On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 6:27 AM, turibbio <[email protected]> wrote:
>
> > >> Hi all, I'm facing this problem.
> > >> I have 3 table on my db
>
> > >> TableA
> > >> ------------
> > >> Id_TableA
> > >> TableA_Field1
> > >> TableA_Field2
>
> > >> TableB
> > >> -----------
> > >> Id_TableB
> > >> TableB_Field1
> > >> TableB_Field2
> > >> ForeignKey_ToTableC
>
> > >> TableC
> > >> ----------
> > >> Id_TableC
> > >> TableC_Field1
>
> > >> I have joined table B in xml mapping of table A. I'd like also to
> > >> retrieve TableC_Field in the same join.
>
> > >> This is the mapping of TableA:
>
> > >>    <join table="TableB">
> > >>      <key column="Id_TableB"/>
> > >>      <property name="Field1_B" column="TableB_Field1" />
> > >>      <property name="Field2_B" column="TableB_Field2" />
> > >>      <property name="???" column="???" />
> > >>    </join>
>
> > >> I would like to map one of the follow:
>
> > >> 1)The entity returned in the mapping of TableB (something like that
> > >>  <property name="EntityPropertyNameInTableB_ToTableC" />)
>
> > >> 2)The TableC_Field1 directly from mapping of table A.
>
> > >> There's any way to do that?
>
> > >> Thanks in advance!
>
> > >> --
> > >> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> > >> "nhusers" group.
> > >> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> > >> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> > >> [email protected].
> > >> For more options, visit this group at
> > >>http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.
>
> > > --
> > > Fabio Maulo
>
> > --
> > Fabio Maulo- Nascondi testo citato
>
> > - Mostra testo citato -- Nascondi testo citato
>
> - Mostra testo citato -

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"nhusers" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nhusers?hl=en.

Reply via email to