Hi guys,
thanks for the comments. Yes, I kind of figured out if melting is present,
something else is going on. But as I said, right now I just want to find a
cheap replacement so I can pass the inspection... with I can complete the
registration of the bike and put the final plate on it. That is something I
would like to do as soon as possible. Then if you know someone selling this
item please let me know.
Ride safe,

Javier.



On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 4:35 PM, Gene Henry <[email protected]> wrote:

>  Melted electrical parts are the result of  electrical current going where
> it shouldn't or too much of it going where it should!  In the case of a
> light socket, it would usually be the result of a bad/weak electrical
> connection between the socket and the bulb - assuming the bulb has not been
> "oversized".  Replace the bulb and the socket, and check for warmth or
> heating at the bulb/socket contact.  No heating = good contact.  And
> remember: shit happens!  Don't spend a lot of time worrying about why, just
> repair it and "be happy"!
>
> - Original Message -----
>
> *From:* Javier Garcia <[email protected]>
> *To:* [email protected]
> *Sent:* Saturday, March 21, 2009 12:34 PM
> *Subject:* [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: Tail light needed, 1996 NH 750
>
> Definitively, but that would be another post. Right now I just want to pass
> the inspection so I can complete the registration of the bike. But yes,
> there should be a reason of why it melted. That is also why I don't want by
> a new one.
> Javier.
>
> On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 1:15 PM, Creative Residential Designs <
> [email protected]> wrote:
>
>>  I would be more curious as to WHY it melted first. Check the wiring and
>> the relay and see if there's any physical evidence as to the reason.
>> HotrodMamma.
>>
>>   ----- Original Message -----
>> *From:* Javier Garcia <[email protected]>
>> *To:* [email protected]
>> *Sent:* Saturday, March 21, 2009 10:38 AM
>> *Subject:* [Nighthawk Lovers] Tail light needed, 1996 NH 750
>>
>> Hi people,
>>
>> I just got my NH 750 inspected today, and they found the tail light socket
>> melted or something like that. It need to be replaced. Does anyone hae one
>> for sale? Its 1996 NH 750, and the part number is 33706-MW3-671.
>> Thanks
>>
>> Javier
>>
>>
> >
>

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to