ALCOHOL!

it kills any brain cell the rider might'a had and numbs the pain.


--- On Mon, 3/23/09, Kyle Munz <[email protected]> wrote:

> From: Kyle Munz <[email protected]>
> Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: went down today
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Monday, March 23, 2009, 12:00 PM
> I see guys with ape hangers and wonder how they keep the
> blood from running
> down out of their arms and their hands going asleep.
> 
> -Kyle
> 
> On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 12:59 PM, stanley/ Randolph
> <[email protected]>wrote:
> 
> > To qualify for "ape-hangers" the person has
> to reach up almost as high as
> > his arms can go to hold onto the handlebars.  There is
> a fellow here who
> > rides a Harley and every time I see him go by with
> those high bars, I have
> > to ask myself, Self, what is he thinking?  Is he
> afraid that he will get BO
> > in his pits, so he keeps them out in the air goin'
> by??  It looks like
> > steering would be a problem as well.  Maybe one gets
> used to it.
> > To me it looks quite uncomfortable; but then, so does
> riding a crotch
> > rocket, bent so far over like that for hours.  I have
> seen guys flying by
> > with their legs just hanging out the back end, in the
> wind...
> >
> > *Stanley*
> >
> >
> >  ------------------------------
> > *From:* Kyle K.K. <[email protected]>
> > *To:* [email protected]
> > *Sent:* Sunday, March 22, 2009 4:45:22 AM
> > *Subject:* [Nighthawk Lovers] Re: went down today
> >
> >
> > No rash. None at all. I guess that's one of the
> few 'good' things
> > about wiping out on snow.
> >
> > What classifies as apes anyway (height wise)? I prefer
> a little higher
> > bars (http://members.uplogon.com/kyle/cycle/55.jpg)
> but I don't think
> > these would classify as apes.
> >
> > And I will say this. That bike is a LOT more
> comfortable for long rang
> > trips since I put the giant crash bar o' doom and
> the higher
> > handlebars on it.
> >
> > -Kyle KK
> >
> > On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 11:56 PM, Tree Doc
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> > >
> > > Glad you and the 'hawk are OK!
> > >
> > > While you were slippin' and slidin' in
> ice and snow, I was running the
> > > Horse Thief Mile track at Willow Springs Raceway
> in the high desert of
> > > California. I spent from 7:30 till 4:00 today
> doing a Precision
> > > Cornering school with StreetMasters. A real kick
> in the arse out
> > > riding that track. Didn't do it on the
> Nighthawk, though. I ran my
> > > "toured out" SV650S. Boy that bike
> LOVES those tight twisties and
> > > decreasing radius turns on that mountain road
> simulator course. Myself
> > > and a nOOb on a new Yami FZ1 were the having a
> field day against all
> > > the BMW 1150RT's and big, noisy dresser
> Harley's! I saw first hand
> > > today why Ape Hangars are just absolutely
> useless! Talk about no
> > > control on a motorcycle!
> > >
> > > Hope you can buff that crash rash out!
> > >
> > > ~Tim
> > > >
> > >
> >
> >
> > >
> >
> 
> 

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to