*Joey, I don't think your list merits a new bike at all!! Those are
maintenance issues. (You gotta wonder if your mechanic friend gets a
kick-back from the sales department.) [?] *
*
*
*Now...if you WANT a new bike...that's a whole different thing altogether.

*
*Paul
*
On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:15 AM, Joey Kelley <[email protected]> wrote:

> Hello all,
>          Well as the riding season up here in, as Kyle M. would say,
> 'Well North of I-10' - is rapidly getting closer to its conclusion (we
> have about a month of good consistent riding left, plus the occasional
> day here or there I'm sure) its come to my attention that I should be
> looking at the following maintenance, upgrades etc to the Ol' 450:
>          1. Fork Seals - leaked ever since Dad and I rebuild them,
> guess its time for a professional
>          2. Front and rear rubber - rear getting to the point of
> being unsafe, front is just the one I put on it 9 years ago and
> probably should be replaced
>          3. Stator - this is a preventative before it goes and fries
> my electrical system
>          4. Gauge lights that still don't work - not sure, doubt its the
> bulbs
>          5. Considering LED taillights / brake lights
>          6. Replace all fuses (maintenance)
>          7. Replace all relays / flasher unit (mainteance and upgrade
> to no-load flasher)
>          8. Considering LED flashers
>          9. New sparkplugs - it sat for 7 years and has run for over
> 6000 miles with those plugs
>          10. Oil change (going synthetic this time)
>          11. Attempt to re-attach right side battery cover to its
> mounting post, currently broken (thinking epoxy?)
>          12. Good complete wash job - hand wash- some degreasor - in
> general a good clean up
>          13. My newly fixed seat has another hole in it (my fault)
>
>          When I mentioned this to a mechanic friend of mine he said
> 'what you need is a new bike!' So I'm looking for opinions - this is
> the only bike I've owned - its been darn good to me for the past
> 13,000 miles that I've owned it - but she needs attention. Its hard to
> put a value on personal memories, but, with this much to do, is it
> worth doing?
>          Thoughts? Comments??
>           -Joey
>
> --
> -Joey Kelley
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected]<nighthawk_lovers%[email protected]>
> .
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

<<333.png>>

Reply via email to