stanley, i dont know where you are or if you would be up for a total rebuild
on a 450 rebel, but i happen to know where a few are that the owner might be
willing to let go of... lets just say that they have been sitting in the
weather for 20+ years now

On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 2:40 PM, Kurt Nolte <[email protected]>wrote:

> Unfortunately for us, this behavior (harassing other motorists "for fun")
> isn't limited to those with four wheels. :( Some of the local riders seem to
> have a massive entitlement complex regarding their own right of way and
> their position in the hierarchy of the roadways, or an even bigger chip on
> their shoulder that everyone else is out to get them if they don't have
> their own way.
>
> I think everyone, and I mean /everyone/ (myself included), would do well to
> always remember that driving is a cooperative, rather than competitive,
> venture. There are no winners or losers on public roads, and trying to turn
> it into such a situation just makes everyone a net loser.
>
> -Kurt
>
>
> On Sun, Mar 13, 2011 at 9:41 PM, stanley/ Randolph <[email protected]>wrote:
>
>>  Not to continue this thread unabated, but I have noticed the
>> "self first" thing via riding my bicycle and motorcycles over the years.
>> Although I still ride my bicycle, I am not inclined to take major roads to
>> get somewhere any more.  I use alternate routes.  And, it is almost not
>> enough power to ride a 250 in town any more, something I wouldn't use on the
>> open road.  Gotta have at least an older more powerful 450 or larger, to be
>> able to scoot down the road out of reach and range of bullys using their
>> cars to "have fun" harassing people on motorcycles.
>> In fact, I am now looking for a 450 Rebel for my wife.  I had originally
>> bought the450 Nighthawk for her but she feels it is to high; so rather than
>> lower it, I just soon find a good Rebel.
>> She didn't understand the reason why I wouldn't get anything smaller than
>> a 250 originally, until one night coming home late from work someone
>> attempted to run her off the road.  Following my advice, she dropped it into
>> second and took off WOT until she reached the turnoff for home, which wasn't
>> that far from the incident.
>> Now she's ready to move up, but doesn't want a 650 or larger that is the
>> only choice now - unless you want a scooter.
>> I don't think so.
>>
>  --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> To unsubscribe from this group, send email to
> [email protected].
> For more options, visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to