I found one at a shop in Katy that has a 45 degree angle. I use clamps on the 
filter ends. He also has a line that will not kink.

rodhall

 


 

 

-----Original Message-----
From: Kyle Munz <[email protected]>
To: nighthawk_lovers <[email protected]>
Sent: Thu, Mar 17, 2011 9:01 am
Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Trying to locate a gas tank for a red 1985 
HondaNighthawk 650SC


Anybody found an inline filter that they like? For whatever reason the bike 
filters are all 1/4", but the petcock and our carbs have 3/8" fittings. Plus 
the plastic ones I've tried all deform after a few months. I've finally given 
up and just trusting the intank screen.

-Kyle 



On Thu, Mar 17, 2011 at 8:52 AM, Allen Thomas <[email protected]> wrote:

Try using an in line fuel filter. Just be careful of the placement because if 
it pinches the line or is too small it will kill the bike on the highway.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T



-----Original Message-----
From: 85_NH650 <[email protected]>
Sender: [email protected]
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 16:04:54
To: Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!<[email protected]>
Reply-To: [email protected]
Subject: [Nighthawk Lovers] Trying to locate a gas tank for a red 1985 Honda
 Nighthawk 650SC

Hi Guys,
New to this group. Got a question for you all: how do I locate a gas
tank for my bike and how much should I expect to pay ? (Additional
details below)
Thanks.
Richie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have owned this bike for while and the previous owner didn't store
the gas tank properly, so it developed rust. Over time, the rust
started to 'bubble' through the paint, so I had the tank relined. Now,
I'm facing issue with my jets getting clogged and the bike chokes at
low speeds. I've had this issue before and the mechanic told me that
it could have been rust particle clogging the jets... (This happened
around the time they started putting ethanol in gas at the stations) .
The bike had run beautifully for 2 year prior to that. So I'm
wondering if it is possible that particles from the lining material
got through and caused that this time around.
I'd hate to have the carbs cleaned only to face the same issue
again... Big assumption of course, but my mechanical skills are basic,
so I have to pay someone to clean my carbs...
That being said I'm thinking it would be cheaper to locate a decent
replacement tank than to have to clean the carbs on a regular basis,
not to mention the lining is only good for so long.
The net result is that my bike is sitting at home and I'm not enjoying
this beautiful weather. Besides, the bike is beautiful and in good
shape, so I'm trying to hold on to it...

The mechanic said he couldn't locate a tank and I checked junkyards &
local dealers: same results.
I'd appreciate any help or suggestion you can give me.
Thanks.
R.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PS: Unless of course this issue with the jets clogging is just another
85 NH quirk I have to live with (like the battery not charging/
draining at idle). If that the case, I'll quickly learn to clean &
synch my carbs... ;-)

Thanks guys.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.





-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to