Hey, thanks Graham.  I was figuring it was going to be an 'all or
nothing'.  I'll probably try tackling the flat side covers as they're
easy, the fork legs - I'll just keep them as clean as I can....for
now.

Guess I was looking for the 'miracle ointment' that would polish both
the clear and the aluminum at the same time!

Cheers!

Eric

On Apr 11, 5:59 pm, Graham Rogers <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Eric,  I have a 2002 Nighthawk 750 also.  Mine doesn't have the  
> corrosion yours has but I have and have had other bikes that do.  You  
> can't do much about the alluminum that has the clear coat other than  
> sand it off and shine the alluminum.  I have done that on bikes and  
> it can come up like chrome.  Flat pieces like some of the engine side  
> covers are relatively easy to do but others aren't.  I did the valve  
> cover on a CB650 Nighthawk, just sanded the top and the beveled edge  
> and it turned out great.  If you have all the buffing tools to get in  
> the crevices, it would be easier.  Some Kawasakis of the 80's don't  
> have the clear coat and the alluminum polishes up pristine. Graham
>
> On Apr 11, 2011, at 8:48 PM, Eric Wun wrote:
>
>
>
> > Question for all the NH Experts here (just got mine a week or so  
> > back).  2002 750 Nighthawk (yeah!)
>
> > How do you clean and polish and with what - the front fork legs,  
> > engine side covers and engine top casings?  Seems there's a  
> > (plastic?) coating on the aluminum so I'm not sure I can use an  
> > aluminum/metal polish.  They look pretty 'crappy' and pocked-marked  
> > from road debris, general neglect, and just 'stuff'.  So, it's now  
> > - part plastic-stuff, and part bare aluminum.
>
> > Thanks,
>
> > Eric
>
> > --
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google  
> > Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To post to this group, send email to  
> > [email protected].
> > To unsubscribe from this group, send email to nighthawk_lovers
> > [email protected].
> > For more options, visit this group athttp://groups.google.com/
> > group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en.

Reply via email to