LOL, after getting used to sport bikes the NH even with a stainless line
and good pads still feel kind of weak. But those upgrades do make a
difference over stock. Nothing is scarier than needing to stop NOW, and
waiting for it to happen. Organic pads are fine on the rear since you
generally don't use them as much, and the rear tends to lock up anyway if
your breaking really hard.

On Tue, May 7, 2013 at 4:23 PM, EGrider <[email protected]> wrote:

> Well, I knew I wasn't going to go with organics. I put a set of EBC shoes
> on the back of my V30 and I HATED them immediately. I could drag my feet
> and get better braking power than that. I let a buddy ride it the other day
> and he said, "What's up with the back brakes?" So a little grab sounds good
> to me. Anybody need some brake shoes for a 1984 V30, cheap?
>
>
> On Tuesday, May 7, 2013 1:35:32 PM UTC-4, EGrider wrote:
>
>> You guys may remember last summer I was wanting to ride the Blue Ridge
>> Highway up north from Atlanta and made it as far as Blowing Rock, NC on a
>> recommendation from a list member. Well, I'm going to reattempt it Memorial
>> Day week, and this time I hope to make it up to the DC area or so before I
>> have to turn around and head back for a wedding.
>>
>> I'll be riding my '96 NH750, and before I go I'd like to put new brake
>> pads on the front. Now my local Honda dealer is quoting about $45 for a
>> set, and Ebay has got all the way from $10 with free shipping up to $52.
>> Can anybody take a few minutes to give their opinion as to where the sweet
>> spot is so I can have this thing ready for the trip? Organic? Sintered?
>> Semi-sintered? Semi-metallic? Just buy at a middle price point?
>>
>> Any advice appreciated.
>>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at
> http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.
>
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers?hl=en-US.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out.


Reply via email to