First off I'm hoping this doesn't effect the way people look at bikes
riders.  Having looked at a couple of the videos, watched the news and read
everyone's comments I'm just flat out shocked that one of the bikers isn't
dead.  As a daily rider I get nervous when I get caught up in a pack of
bikes and even more nervous when I get caught in a swarm of idiots like
these guys.

Bottom line, the guy that did the break check was an idiot and is lucky if
he didn't get really hurt or even killed.  The SUV driver was probably
surprised by them at some point and honked or flew the bird and then the
bikers reacted.

I'm a flee not fight kind of guy and only fight when I'm cornered.

If it was be behind the wheel and someone tried to open my door my wife
would be on the phone with 911 until we were safe.  I would have thrown my
car in reverse and taken out as many of them as I could and then swerve
left or right as I took off to take out couple more.  If they were stupid
enough to follow me I'd swerve and knock as many of them down as I could.
I'd also stay on the highway until a cop arrived.  In the end I'm sure the
SUV has a much better range then the bikes - assuming you have the gas.
It's survival mode and a matter of attrition - 4 wheels have a serious
advantage.

Sean