Those are not terribly good lights. I've seen them used, their visibility
in daylight conditions is terrible. That's partly because they are so
small, and partly because they are a very narrow beam angle.

LED lighting is definitely a field where you get what you pay for. Cheap
lights tend to have very narrow beam angles, which limits their usefulness
as signal lights.

You can buy 1156 based "drop in" replacement LEDs that I have used to good
effect before, if your housings are in good shape. I used some "chrome"
paint inside cheap aftermarket incandescent lights, then used amber LED
lamps. Quite good visibility, but they were ~$12 each.

Kurt
On Mar 1, 2015 7:07 AM, "750S" <[email protected]> wrote:

> I am considering replacing my stock front signal lights with these LED's.
> http://www.ebay.com/itm/301507349844?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
>  One huge concern of mine is the very small physical size of the lights
> housing!!! See the dimensions in picture 2. Approx.only 1.5 inch in length
> and 7/8 inch in width!! They are nice though in the fact that they have 3
> wire hookup to include a running light feature. As I have no experience
> with LED lights can someone shed some "light" (pun intended) on whether or
> not I will need a load resistor. Installing on 85 750 Nighthawk S. All
> comments and opinions on installation locations would also be greatly
> appreciated. I do not want to drill into the  front fairing though.I have
> seen that done before on other bikes on the web and think it is a shame.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to