Do you know which part number would match up for that rubber pice with the 
4 holes in it as well as the o-ring you mentioned also. Mine is just 
starting to drip a little but only when I move the lever, so I would like 
to be able to have the parts in advance of taking it apart.  Thanks in 
advance for your help.

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 at 10:55:16 PM UTC-2:30, kiwinPA wrote:
>
> No, no lock tite. Behind that plate there are just a few parts, a square O 
> ring, a pressure washer (wavey looking washer), the turn lever and a rubber 
> washer with holes in it allowing fuel to pass through according to the 
> position of the on/off lever. It's very simple. The wavy washer is directly 
> behind the plate putting pressure on the on/off lever, behind which is the 
> fuel washer. The advantage with using screws instead of the rivets is they 
> allow you to replace parts like the square O ring easily. One of my 
> petcocks had a broken square O ring that was causing the petcock to leak so 
> I had to remove the cover plate. 
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jun 7, 2014, at 9:02 PM, "'Rmj' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <
> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
>
>  Good to know. I did not want to take the plate completely off for fear 
> of having a pile of parts at my feet. I will ride this week & keep an eye 
> on the repair. Did you use lock tire? Would it be good to lock tire it?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Ross
>  ------------------------------
> From: Graham Rogers <javascript:>
> Sent: ‎6/‎7/‎2014 5:13 PM
> To: [email protected] <javascript:>
> Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] Repair of fuel petcock cover plate
>
> Good going Ross. I fixed two petcocks the same way. Found it worked fine.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> > On Jun 7, 2014, at 5:54 PM, "'RMJ' via Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" <
> [email protected] <javascript:>> wrote:
> > 
> > My fuel petcock cover plate came loose because the upper/rear rivet head 
> broke.  I wanted to buy a new unit however, I kept seeing prices of 
> $165.00.  What I did was try to drill it out with a 1/8" drill bit.  My 
> drill bit are old and it was dull.  I did get in some of the way.  I 
> purchased a 10-32 x 1/2" self tapping screw.  It was the smallest I could 
> find, but it was just a tad to large in diameter.  So I found a sheet metal 
> screw that was about 3/16" - 1/4" long.  That would not bite into what hole 
> I made nor into the balance of the rivet.  I looked into to my old drill 
> box and found a 3/32" drill.  I used it to drill in a little farther and 
> tried the sheet metal screw.  It tightened and tightened the plate back 
> down.  I will ride on Monday and see if it has stopped the high idle that I 
> believe was caused by the loose plate by letting air in past the pet cock 
> selector switch.  Will let you know later this week
> > 
> > Ross M. Jamison
> > 
> > Sent from my iPad
> > 
> > -- 
> > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google 
> Groups "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send 
> an email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> > To post to this group, send email to [email protected] 
> <javascript:>.
> > Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] 
> <javascript:>.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
> -- 
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
> "Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
> email to [email protected] <javascript:>.
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected] 
> <javascript:>.
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>
>

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"Nighthawk Motorcycle Lovers!" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/nighthawk_lovers.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to