Maybe the exhaust wasn't installed correctly.  I had to use a mechanics'
stethoscope to find where mine was leaking air from. Those exhaust seals have
to be in there just right.

Subject: Re: [Nighthawk Lovers] New to the group. And a concerning deceleration
rattle...
From: grahamjoanrog...@gmail.com
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 08:33:26 -0400
To: nighthawk_lovers@googlegroups.com

Yeah, I've never encountered cam chain issues on the '91 - 02 generation
Nighthawk

Sent from my iPad
On Jun 20, 2015, at 07:53, Allen Thomas <althomas...@gmail.com> wrote:

A rattly cam chain on a late model nh with only 7k seem a bit far fetched to
me. Considering my old 92 has 50k miles half of which is some seriously hard
riding. I'm guessing too much chain slack. It makes the chain slap against  the
swingarm.
Allen Thomas